Retreat Magazine attributes great importance to its responsibilities under data protection regulations and respects the privacy of its customers. The purpose of this policy is to clearly tell you how we use your personal data, how we ensure its security and your choices.
From time to time, we may modify this policy to take into account any new or revised laws, new technologies, or changes to our operations. If we do so, we will include the effective date in the revised policy. We are committed to managing any personal information collected in accordance with privacy rights.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name
- your email address
- your phone number
- Information about any products and services you purchase or query from us, or information necessary to provide these products and services and respond to your inquiries
- Any other personal information you provide to us through our website, email form, contest entry form or reader survey
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you provide to us to prevent misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We store information in paper form in the office (protected by locks and security systems), and digitally on site security servers and trusted third-party storage providers. When accessing our security system, our staff needs to log in and use a password, and we use firewalls, antivirus software, and email filtering.
However, you acknowledge that you cannot guarantee the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent electronically or by post, and you provide information to us via the Internet or by post at your own risk. If the security of the information is not within our control, Retreat Magazine will not be responsible for misuse, loss or unauthorized access to your personal information.
You acknowledge that Retreat Magazine is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we allow us to disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy or any applicable law). The collection and use of your information by third parties may be subject to separate security policies and separate privacy policies.
Why do we collect, store, use and disclose personal information?
We collect your personal information to enable us to perform our business activities and functions, including the following purposes:
- Provide you with our products and services
- Provide you with our magazine subscription and process payment
- Provide you with digital subscriptions to our magazines through our app
- Provide you with our editorial email newsletter
- Provide you with news and information about our existing and new products and services
- Communicate with you via email, post or phone
- Manage and strengthen our products and services
- On behalf of Retreat Magazine and selected third parties to conduct surveys, promotions and competitions
- Provide updated personal information for use, or to our contractors or third-party service providers
- For our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control, and research purposes, or for the purposes of our contractors or external service providers
- According to the requirements or permission of the law (including "Privacy Law")
If contacting us still fails to resolve your complaint, we have registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.